COSMETICS AND SKINCARE
The cosmetics industry continuously seeks to transform the way in which the sector performs, in order to produce safer, healthier products with enhanced performance through formulation modification and process optimisation.
Companies within the industry formulate, design, manufacture, and package an ever-increasing range of products.
At the same time, new ingredient restrictions and legislation present new challenges to be addressed through innovative solutions.
The below example list is not exhaustive. It provides a summarised representative sample of qualifying activities.
Examples of activities within the sector and its supply chains which present R&D Tax Credit opportunities include;
- Formulation modification for enhanced performance
- Ingredient restriction, substitution or design and development of new formulation constituent to achieve legislative compliance
- Formulation upscaling for commercial manufacture
- Formulation modifications to manipulate:
- Absorption rates / Emollient properties
- Application methodology
- Process modification to achieve manufacturing efficiencies
- Develop new or improved chemical product formulations
- Develop and test new or improved packaging and packaging equipment
- Generate prototypes and samples of new products for testing and validation
- Develop new or improved distribution methods
- Develop or upgrade technology and software used within the R&D process
The UpCircle Beauty story is inspiring. Derived from nature, their 100% natural skincare products are of the moment. The products consist of items that would often reach landfill like used coffee grounds and brewed chai tea spices. They provide a solution for looking good as well as helping the environment. With UpCircle Beauty, you get to enjoy the uplifting benefits of nature’s skin rejuvenators – and do the planet some good, too.